startinycursor

Sunday, August 9, 2026

July Reads

I started reading the physical books I own that have been on my TBR since I got them. I'm starting with the shortest, so here are the first ones:


  • Los Gatos de Mi Prima by Azucena Marcellan: This book was a really fun quick read with a pretty cool design. It tell us in a casual and simple way about the cats of the author's cousin. She has lots of cats (14) and loved them to bits. Each cat has an portrait with their names in big letters. The way they placed the font and sized it depends on the illustration. They also had pretty cute names: Tita, Gerónimo, Pau, Sol, Pelos, Burusa, Patu, Picolino, Nano, Nana, Ucha, Mapu, Horro and Pikuninina. The portraits were made with oils and with a monochromatic palette. They have a realistic style and are really beautiful. I especially like how Marcellan painted the kitties on their favorite spots or doing something characteristic of them. I really loved this book and it has inspired me to someday make a zine about my pets.
  • Bernat y sus amigos by Manel Alonso i Català and illustrated by Leonor Seguí: A children's book with a protagonist that kind of gives me autistic vibes but a bit more stereotypical. Like he loves trains and memorizes their schedules and all that. A the start of the book he hates reading but after his mom takes him to an ophthalmologist, he begins to love it. He has a dog and a cat and by the end of the book, a little brother. The traditional illustrations are nice and full of textures.

Eli.*☆



No comments:

Post a Comment